The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone has navigated their way safely through Hurricane/ Superstorm/ Frankenstorm Sandy. Gosh, what a mess! I sincerely hope that is not an indication of how things are going to roll this winter... Can you believe that Halloween is tomorrow? Somehow, it's the end of October already! I'm looking forward to getting the kids dressed up in their costumes. They will both be pumpkins. I'm figuring that this will be the last Halloween that I'll be "permitted" to pick out Stella's costume and/or have them be the same thing. I fully plan to enjoy it! It's Simon's first Halloween and he turns 1 next week...aughhhhh!

We had a great weekend. My parents were in town for a visit. We decided to celebrate Simon's birthday a little early since they were here. He had an absolute blast! The kid seriously loves cake. We did a Mickey Mouse theme as he's a big fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the Hot Dog Dance. A great time was had by all and I'm glad my little guy was able to cover himself in cake! The other great part of having my parents in town (and spending time with them of course!) was getting to have date night! Steve and I enjoyed a nice dinner out on the town and tried out a new (to us) restaurant. One of our favorite things to do is try a different place each time we have a chance to go out. We've found some really great spots!

Radiation is going pretty well. The nausea is gone (thank the lord!) and I'm really just tired. Not chemo tired (that truly, truly sucked) but just ready for bed by the end of the day. I'm missing my energy but hoping that it will return soon after radiation is over! I only have two weeks (10 more treatments) left of radiation. My skin is starting to get pissed off. I'm hoping that it will hang in there but I'm not sure. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to complete my treatments.

Three cheers for Halloween! Have a safe and fun evening, I know I'm excited to see all of the little ghosts and goblins tomorrow night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment