The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Choose Hope

We had SUCH an amazing weekend. The 3-Day was so much more incredible than I realized. I am so proud of our team: When Irish Chicks are Fighting and the entire Atlanta event. The event rasied over four million dollars for breast cancer research. That's pretty freaking fantastic!

We had lots of family in town to participate and cheer on the walkers for the 3-Day. The weather was perfect and just added to the excitement of the weekend. I was so happy to have my neices here, along with some wonderful extended family. We had a big celebration party at our house on Saturday which even included a pink champaigne toast. And yes, some of us drank more of it than others :) I don't actually know how many bottles we went through but it sure was tasty!

I have to thank my fabulous ladies for walking: Beth, Missy & Jennie. You have been truly amazing, dedicated and most importantly, my biggest cheerleaders through this journey. Thank you for keeping my spirits high and the laughter rolling. You have been my sanity and honestly, the best medicine. I love you all!

To my family (all sides, branches and connections), thank you for your unwavering support, love and understanding. To my friends and followers, thank you for listening and tolerating my rants and raves of cancerland. I enjoy coming here to tell you about my journey through cancerland and appreciate you giving me the voice to share my story.

I have to share with you the most special and meaningful part of my weekend and cancer experience so far. On Sunday, I was able to walk with my girls on the last leg of their 3-Day hike. I'm not sure how many miles I walked with them, but at the very least I can tell you that Atlanta is NOT a flat city! I was so happy to be able to share such a rewarding, touching and memorable afternoon with them. To hear the crowds cheering as we approached the finish, to walk arm in arm, united with the knowledge that there is hope. Hope that one day we'll not only find a cure for breast cancer, but cancer in general. I believe in the good of modern medicine and the chance to make a difference. I will keep on fighting and I choose hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment