The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Girl On Fire

I feel like the Alicia Key's song: Girl on Fire can represent my life in so many ways right now. Most literally, my body is kind of on fire...you know, the whole radiation thing. Secondly, the song is all about feeling empowered as a woman and I can totally relate to that, especially this past year. Lastly, it's just a kick-ass song, you should check it out if you haven't already heard it.

Radiation is going well. At least, I assume it is, I can't feel anything so I guess all is well. Being a science fan (I really am!), I find the entire process really interesting. Radiation treatments are based on such precise, meticulous measurements. I guess maybe I just appreciate the intricacy of the process especially considering what a major cancer treatment this is, and yet, I feel nothing. Cheers to that!

In other news, I bought some "product" for my hair the other day. Yup, freaking fantastic!! I bought some gel (at least, that's what I think it is) which I have never used until now...my pre-cancer hair was fine and very straight - no gels needed! So, I'm currently rocking the "mussed up" 'do which I think I can pull off... if it looks like crap, no one has said anything yet... It's kind of fun to do and only takes about 10 seconds - my kind of hairstyle! Plus, it's a great excuse to sport fabulous earrings.

I managed to burn the ever-living-hell out of the roof of my mouth last night. You'd think I'd learn not to dive into my just-out-of-the-oven frozen pizza, but alas, I've lost count of how many times I've done that. Please try not to be jealous of my gourmet dinner. Look, it was 8:30pm., Steve was out for a fancy schmancy dinner for work and I simply didn't have the energy to whip up some healthy, impressive meal. Rarely do we eat dinner here before 8pm, so that was nothing new, but trying to corral my two hooligans, prepare for bed (bathtime was out of the question last night). read stories, brush teeth, etc, all on my own is exhausting. I know many of you can relate. So, yes, my frozen pizza tasted 5 star last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment