The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pitty Party for One, Please

I began my third "week" of radiation today. I'll have a total of 7 weeks, or 35 treatements, however you want to phrase it. Things are going okay, but definitely not as smoothly as I thought. My skin is reacting well and I don't have any pain, which is great news. I am, however, having nausea. Yup, I made it through 6 rounds of chemo without being sick and now, the part of my treatment that was supposed to be "easy" is kicking my ass. Believe me when I say that I am beyond frustrated and annoyed at this little turn of events. At first, I really thought it was just my allergies acting up but as the days have progressed, the nausea has gotten worse. So, I mentioned it to my doctor today, and oh yes, nausea is indeed a side effect for the type of radiation I'm getting. I'm having a fairly large area radiated (IBC infiltrates the skin lympahtics) and in order to cover everything, a small part of my spine is involved which is causing the nausea. Jumping for joy here... My doctor prescribed some anti-nausea meds, so we'll give them a whirl. It's a minor setback really, all things considered, and I'm sure that I'm being a baby about it, but I just wasn't counting on feeling bad during radiation. Mostly I think I'm just disappointed in my body for not taking a stronger stand. November 14th can't get here soon enough. Okay, pitty party officially over, I'm even annoying myself at this point!

All that being said, I don't really have the luxury of laying around and trying to sleep my troubles away. Most days I just try to keep my mind and body busy, the less time focused on not feeling good, the better. I'm glad that Simon and Stella keep me on my toes! We're looking forward to a fun weekend at home. The weather is supposed to be beautiful and we're hoping to take the kids to the pumpkin patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment