The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Nap Wars

It's going to be absolutely gorgeous here this weekend. I'm so glad that the girls will have good weather for the walk. I wish we could keep this weather forever, I love Indian Summer!

I had a check-up yesterday with my plastic surgeon. She just wanted to make sure my skin and tissue expander were holding up okay through radiation. I actually saw my favorite NP instead and it was fun catching up with her. The only downside to the appointment was that she said we can't schedule my next surgery (to remove the tissue expander and replace with implant) until nine months after radiation. I'm seriously bummed because I thought the surgeon had told me six months. So, we'll see I guess. I'm just anxious to be done with this whole mess.

I don't really have any other exciting thoughts to share, unfortunately. I'm currently listening to the demolition crew upstairs (aka: Stella). How can something so small make SO MUCH NOISE?!?! She's happy as a clam but seriously, the napping thing has become such a joke here. I mean, she maybe takes a nap five days out of seven. The problem with that is she still very much NEEDS a nap. I've started removing various things from her room for naptime. Steve suggested padded walls and nothing else and I tend to agree with him. Does this appetite for destruction phase ever end? She will cheerfully remove every.single.wipe from the wipe container. She finds this activity to be joyous while it infuriates me. I do remove them (when I remember) but she just moves on to something else. She really enjoys putting everything she owns into baskets, containers, etc. It's quite frustrating. Serenity now!!!!!!!!!!!

As we speak, a huge crash echoed off the walls from upstairs. No screaming yet... is it too early to start drinking?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment