The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Toddler Talk

It's hard to believe that the Atlanta 3-Day is this coming weekend. I feel like we've been planning and talking about it for so long. But, I guess it has been a while, since February. I'm so excited for my girls who are walking (Beth, Missy & Jennie, love ya!) and to also have some family in town to cheer them on. The weather is supposed to be perfect here this weekend, yay!

We had an absolute blast at the pumpkin patch over the weekend. Spending a gorgeous Saturday afternoon in the North Georgia mountains watching the kids explore the pumpkins was just awesome. I continually forget how pretty the mountains are down here. They do make me homesick for the Shenandoah Valley, fall is my favorite time of year in Virginia. Speaking of Virginia, it looks like my plan for making it home for Thanksgiving is a go, wahoo!!

While Saturday was a perfect day, the past three have been a real challenge. My poor Simon has yet another ear infection (this time a double). We've been  threatened with the ENT the next time it happens. He's had 4 ear infections in 5 months, so it's not looking good. He's been a real trooper but I know he's miserable. It's the screaming for an hour in the middle of the night that may do both Steve and I in... Hopefully he'll be back to normal once the antibiotics kick in. I serisouly cannot wait for 2012 to take a hike!

Stella is her crazy self which is good. She is still talking about the pumpkin patch and she also seems to think it's her birthday... not sure why but we're working on that one. Simon will be one in a few weeks (OMG, I can't even talk about it) and I'm slightly worried that it may blow her mind. Hoping for the best there. She's such a funny kid and she does make us laugh. Her favorite thing to talk about is dog poop (yeah, I know it's weird, but what am I supposed to do?!?!). I mean, everytime we take Willie (our insane chocolate lab) outside, she demands that he poop. Whenever we leave the house in the car, she says good-bye to the dog poop. What????? Yup, you're secretly jealous that your child isn't obsessed with dog poop. I get it. Aughhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm still feeling blah from radiation but the good news is that it's not getting any worse. I mean really, between ear infections and dog poop, I just don't have the time or energy to feel bad!! On that note, both children are actually sleeping (at the same time, woohoo!) so I'm going to put my feet up and catch up on my Housewives. Super classy, all the way around, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment