The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Shitastic Thursday

So, yesterday was Shitastic Thursday. That's an upgrade over craptastic, in case you were wondering. Nothing truly bad happened, but the summation of many little things added up to a day from hell. It started with me forgetting to pay Stella's preschool tution (certainly not the end of the world, but I'm normally SO GOOD about paying things on time, aughhh!). Real world problems, I know. You might want to stop reading now, because this will most certainly turn into a bitchfest.

Let's continue, shall we? Radiation is a pain in the ass. Literally. Well, not literally a pain IN the ass, but in the boob region. I've really made an effort to suck it up while living in Cancerland, but honestly, I've had enough and I cried 'uncle" yesterday. The skin under my arm hurts. Think ripping off a band-aid, but everytime you move your arm you feel this way. Truly, a fantastic sensation. The good news out of me telling the doctor I've had enough is that she said, well actually, we'll be done radiation to that area on Monday. Yay!!!!! I really was considering not finishing because my skin is that pissed off. So, my final days of radiation will just be to my mastectomy scar... and that area has been holding up beautifully. The countdown has begun, just nine treatments left!

So, here's the highlight of my day from yesterday and it's a doozie (at least in my mind). I will preface all of this by saying that I have not once (EVER) considered myself in the running for MOTY (mother of the year). I had a little time to kill yesterday afternoon (around 12:45ish pm) before I had to pick Stella up from school. The weather was gorgeous, 65, brilliant sun, you get the picture. I took Simon to the park for a little walk before we had to get Stella. I should mention that he had kicked his crock (shoe) off for the 675th time in one hour, so I decided to leave it off. As we were rounding the corner, a lady stopped me and asked if Simon was my first child. I was puzzled, but answered no. She then proceeded to drill me and ask why on earth Simon didn't have on a jacket, gloves, a hat and shoes. EXCUSE ME???? Friends, I was so taken aback that I didn't even have a good comeback. Randomly, the only thing I came up with on the spot was that Simon had lost his shoes and were looking for them. But SERISOULY? It was 65 degrees, are you freaking kidding me??? OMG, I was so irritated, and still am, apparently. I really, really wish I'd had my wits about me because I would have let this woman have it! What a beeyotch! I should have played the cancer card and shouted: I HAVE CANCER! just to make her feel bad. Aughhhhh! Or maybe run her over with the stoller (have a I mentioned that I have a kick ass stroller?) while shouting "Towanda!". A girl can dream, anyway.

All in all, no big deal but wow, right? Who says something like that, ever? Especially when you don't even know the person. That pretty much sums up my love of life yesterday. Rant over, I'm going to steal some of Stella's Halloween candy, surely that will make me feel better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment