The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Officially Radioactive

Just a quick update to let you know that my first day of radiation went well yesterday. They had to redo a couple of the x-rays (for landmark purposes) because the machine was acting up. So, while I was getting my treatment, I thought that they were still taking pictures. Turns out, I was being radiated and didn't even know it! I know you're completely shocked by my lack of awareness, it seems to be an ongoing theme since I've been diagnosed... But, I'll certainly take this experience over chemo any day!

Other than that, I have been insanely busy. I find it funny that in the handouts they gave me, I'm supposed to rest... yeah right. My doctor even said yesterday that I don't have time to be tired! Well, I guess I'll just keep busy and hope for the best. Simon has been a complete tyrant, teething with him has been a delight (<---- extreme sarcasm there). Some days I'm not sure either of us are going to survive each other. Yet another difference between Simon and Stella - she didn't shed a single tear when teething. The only saving grace right now is that Simon has skipped crawling and is walking (still assisted at this point). Um, what?!?! Stella didn't take her first steps until around 14 months...I'm not ready for this!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Steve and I are going out, no kids, on Saturday night, woohoo! It's the end of September and officially fall. Bring on the college football, beer and chilly nights :)

No comments:

Post a Comment