The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Graduation Day!

Graduation Day is finally here! Today was my last day of radiation treatments, wahoooo!The staff actually did a tiny graduation ceremony for me complete with a certificate and tassel! I did truly enjoy working with the staff and their heartfelt hugs and congrats meant so much. This is a huge milestone and another check on the giant checklist.

Today has also been special for my chemo friend, Kate. She was finally okayed to have her mastectomy and her surgery was this morning. Her surgery was at the same hospital as my radiation treatements, so I popped over to the surgical waiting room to visit with her parents. I knew they'd be super nervous and worried, so I'm very happy that I had a chance to see them. The best news is that Kate's sugery went very well (she had a much different surgery than I did) and she was in recovery when I left.

As you may recall, my one wish out of this whole cancer mess, was to be able to go home to Virginia for Thanksgiving. This wish is finally coming true! The kids and I are driving up to Virginia beginning on Friday afternoon. Yes, I am driving by myself with two children under the age of three and yes, I know that I am completely insane. I'll be driving the crazytrain all the way to Virginia, feel free to honk if you see us :) The Warwagon will be put to the test. Steve will be flying up next week to join us for Thanksgiving. This trip should be a blast, especially because Stella thinks that my parents (G and Kitty as she refers to them...and yes, Kitty is my Dad) live at the airport. This ought to really blow her mind. She was only 18 months old the last time we were in Virginia, I'm so curious to see how much she remembers. I'm excited to introduce Simon to Virginia as well.

I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to update the blog. I've yet to pack...for any of us. What on earth has happened to me? I used to really have it together (or at least I was under the impression that I did!). I'm sure we'll be departing partially on fire and forget at least 15 important things. Oh well, all in the name of "good family fun", right? I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment