The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Independence Day!

Tomorrow is D-Day! It's so hard to believe surgery day has finally arrived. I'm still not sure I fully comprehend just what I've gotten myself into (not that I really had much of a choice) but that's neither here nor there at this point. I am anxious for tomorrow to be here and gone. The surgery itself doesn't really worry me too much but there is always that unknown factor that will keep me up tonight. Luckily, we had a nice relaxing, normal (or, as normal as it ever gets with two small children!) weekend. We were able to get some things done around the house and catch up with friends. Yay for Champagne on Sunday afternoons! It was the perfect way to spend the time on this insanely hot weekend. Atlanta set at all time record yesterday for a temp of 106. Yup, we are sizzling here in the south!

Tomorrow is a red letter day for a couple of reasons. Obviously, my surgery is a big deal, no question there. My grandmother is being laid to rest tomorrow as well. Yes, she did pass away in May but was cremated. She will be buried in Arlington National Cemetary (which explains the delay - you have to wait for Arlington to contact you with the date and time) next to my grandfather. I really hate that I can't be there but I will certainly be there in spirit. It's my hope that my grandmother will also be there in spirit with me during my surgery tomorrow. She is, afterall, my fairy grandmother. She would expect me to stand tall and keep my chin up, no matter what the situation. I'm going to do my best!

I'm not sure when I'll next be able to update the blog. While highly entertaining, I'm sure that writing on pain killers will not be one of my finer moments. I won't be taking the laptop to the hospital and my typing on the iPad is atrociously bad. Maybe I'll throw caution to the wind and have Steve post an update... I'm getting all sorts of crazy up in here!

I did want to say how much I appreciate all of the phone calls, texts, emails and visits that I've had today, wishing me well and offers of prayers and support. Please know how much they all mean to both Steve and I. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. I know I'll never quite be able to explain just how much hope I've taken from all of the amazing people who've touched my life, especially on this unexpected journey the past few months. Thank you so much and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment