The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Updates and More Updates

I know, I know, I totally left you hanging with that last post. The nerve, right? The problem is I have too much going on. Today is your lucky day because I have 5ish minutes to spare. So, let's see...updates

Steve fixed my iPhone. If it's possible to win husband of the year at least 5 times in one year then he totally gets the prize. It took him a couple of hours and he completely dismantled my phone (which has approximately 1,000 small parts) but it works. That said, the flash light is still on, although somewhat dimmer. Whatever, as long as the phone works, the other stuff can malfunction all it wants to. I'm pretty sure the next time my phone takes an unplanned flight it's going to die or shatter into a million pieces just to prove a point.

I had two drains removed last Wednesday and one removed today. Only one left!! If things continue to go well, Iwill  have it taken out Wednesday or Thursday of this week. That's huge progress people! It's been such a relief to have them taken out - if you've ever had stitches that started to itch because they were ready to come out, this is very similar. That and the disgustingness that is having to deal with drains in the first place. Ick!!

I met my radiation oncologist last week as well. She kicks serious ass and I want to go have drinks with her. She's really funny and down to earth. As she was reading over my chart, she stopped and asked me, "Did you just say 'what the shit just happened' when you were diagnosed?". I couldn't have phrased it better myself! I'm looking forward to working with her. I wasn't really worried about radiation as I've been expecting it from the beginning, but it was good to learn more about the process, which is specifically tailored to each person. As of right now, we're planning on me doing 7 weeks of radiation, 5 days a week. Can't wait! Well, I mean, I'm not excited about the prospect of being radiated but it'll be another check mark in the box once it's done. We're not sure of the exact start date yet and I'm still healing from my surgery, but probably before the end of August.

So, all in all, things are going well. Simon is eating us out of house and home and over the weekend he figured out how to "talk". Nothing like baby jabber to make you smile. Simon cracks himself up, often. It really is funny. I think he really freaked Stella out when he started his "talking" (which is at top volume, in case you were wondering) and she would start screaming which would make Simon laugh even harder. It's not a restful place around here. Steve and I did manage to actually watch a movie (from our couch, the planning it would take to GO to an actuall movie is unthinkable right now) this weekend. Don't judge but we finally watched Bridesmaids. Hilarious!! A perfect end to the weekend. And so, another week begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment