The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Good Drugs Gone Bad

Hello! Here I am! Thrilled to report that surgery went very well and I'm doing great! I am very sore (think somewhere between being kicked by a horse in the chest and being hit by a truck) but I'm not in any pain. I was able to go off all IV meds yesterday morning (huge progress!) and now am just on pain pills. I have had one small set back, I had an allergic reaction to the Percocet (I was really bummed because it was helping considerably!) and started itching like I'd rolled around in poison ivy. So, no more Percocet for me but the new drug seems to be working okay. I'm mobile, which is great. The nurses have had me walking the halls and I can get in and out of bed on my own (awesome progress!). I was allowed to have coffee this morning, thank you God for caffeine! If all continues to go well, I'll get to go home tomorrow, yay! The staff has been blown away at how well I'm doing and hopefully that will continue. I'm so glad to have this first surgery out of the way! I will have a couple of follow-up surgeries further down the road just to finish up reconstruction on my right side. So, all in all, things are going well. My goal for today is convincing the staff to let me take a shower... It's the little things, but I am dying to feel clean! This is the first time I'm thankful that I shaved my head. My hair would be rivaling Medusa at the moment! Happy 4th of July to everyone! I'm hoping maybe I'll have a view of fire works from my window, but if not, I'll catch some on TV. I'm mostly going to miss grilling out tonight (I'd kill for a juicy, grilled burger and a beer) but that's ok. Today I'm thankful to be an American and have access to best possible medical care and team!

No comments:

Post a Comment