The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Truth About Percocet

Why, hello there! Yes, I'm alive but it's been an interesting ride. So, it would appear that I'm not actually allergic to Percocet because I had the same reaction to the second pain killer they put me on. The new (and current) theory was that the itching was from the anesthesia. That's some wicked stuff! However, the painkillers did end up making me sick (I mean, seriously, what the HELL? Who's idea was it to kick me while I'm down?) so I dropped them cold turkey Saturday morning and had the pleasure of suffering withdrawl (I would make a terrible junkie) for the next 36 hours. Good times, really. Talk about a hangover from hell... I am happy to say that I am feeling really good today, albeit sore. But that's okay, because I'll take a little soreness over feeling like an addict waiting for my next hit...

I was discharged from the hospital on Thursday morning and we were home by lunchtime. I was so happy to be home!! The staff at the hospital (doctors included) were nothing short of absolutely fantastic but it was just so good to be home and have the kids and Steve nearby. Steve did an amazing job of being Mr. Mom, maybe even better than me. Stella had bows ("pretties" as she refers to them) in her hair each day and Simon even had shoes on which is a feat I rarely attempt. I've been able to take it easy since I've gotten home, not really by choice but this has been good for me. Really. My mom arrived yesterday to help us out this week and allow Steve to go back to work.

So, all in all, it hasn't been too bad. I can't say that I've really been in any actual pain other than coming out of the initial anesthesia (that sucked). I'm sore but it's not bad. My appetite has been good (of course, ugh!) and I get around fine. Showering is a bit tricky but not impossible. Ask me about my drains sometime... oh come on, you knew there had to be some level of grossness :) And you're secretly curious, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment