The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Because I'm Awesome...

And I mean that as sarcastically as possible. I feel like blowing something up. I felt like I should just get that out right away. I believe it sets an important tone for this post... I managed to break my phone (again) today. That is how I started my day of awesomeness as I'm now referring to it. My iPhone flew down the steps on a solo trip as Simon and I fell together. Not to worry, we're both fine, Simon cried because his hair got wet (such a boy!) from the glass of water that also went flying. I suppose it's obvious at this point why I was never selected for Team USA... In my stunning display of grace I somehow managed to not shatter the glass, not injure myself or the child and destroy my phone. I didn't shatter the screen. Instead, the camera flash is now on (going on hour 8...) and I can't use the touch screen. The phone itself is working fine - calls and texts are coming in, etc. But I can do nothing...aughhhhhh! So, if you need me, email is your best bet.

It's been awhile since I've had a chance to update the blog. Part of the problem is that I can't see. It's not a cancer problem, I think I just need a new prescription, it's been two years (at least). I'm totally one of those people who has two-week disposable contact lenses and wears them for at least a month or two. Flame away!! I asked the eye doc about it once and he said as long as they weren't irritating my eyes, it wouldn't kill me. 1-800Contacts stalks me like a bad habit. No, I don't need a refill because I still have plenty of boxes! I would never describe myself as a frugal person, but for some reason when it comes to contacts, I'm a regular penny pincher.

In my spare time between falling down staircases and breaking iPhones I am recovering from my surgery. I had 400 appointments last Friday (not really, but, I'm having a bad day, so just play along). My oncologist was very happy with the path report (which, by the way, was FANTASTIC! Zero (0) infected lymph nodes) from my surgery. My breast surgeon said it was the "best path report ever", not that I'm bragging or anything... She has me set up to meet my radiation oncologist (tomorrow) and also started me on a bone builder along with my Herceptin treatment. I asked the staff if I should watch for any side effects and they said I should be fine. Oh right. Chemo didn't really phase me, but Zometra nearly killed me (not really). I felt HORRIBLE. I would compare it to feeling like the flu (aches, chills, etc). Luckily it was just for a day, but it certainly wasn't fun. I looked the drug info up online it emphasized in bold letters to be sure to drink a ton of water before treatment. Well, since I didn't know I was getting treatment, obviously I didn't drink gallons of water (which I did before every chemo treatment). I'm sure that didn't help my reaction to the drug. My wonderful Friday the 13th continued with not being able to get my drains out... yay. I would have to wait until Wednesday (tomorrow).

So, tomorrow is another day of marathon appointments. I really hope tomorrow is better than today. I might have to take up pyrotechnics or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment