The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Steve the Scot

We just returned home from dropping Steve off at the airport. He's heading to Scotland for the ultimate "guys" vacation. Steve and his brothers are taking his dad on a once in a lifetime trip to Scotland to "hit the links" otherwise known as golf. The highlight of their trip (and honestly, to me, the entire trip is a highlight) will be playing The Old Course at St. Andrews. Pretty cool stuff. I'm heading to Fiji for a sun soaked week relaxing poolside with a delicious fruity cocktail and big floppy hat. Just kidding!! I'll be "vacationing" in Atlanta with my darling children for a week....

In all serisouness I am really excited that Steve was able to go as scheduled on this trip. The boys have been planning it for almost a year and it's neat to see it finally here. There was concern after my diagnosis that Steve wouldn't be able to go but I'm really thankful that he could and have a week of fun. He's certainly earned it regarding the last few months of insanity!

On Sunday, June 17, Steve and I will have been married for six years. Time is just flying! We were laughing last night at how much our lives have changed since then (mostly for the better!). A house, two kids, two dogs (we miss you Shamrock!), several cars and jobs later, here we are. For better or for worse, it's been an amazing, hilarious, stressful, emotional and fantastic ride so far. I'm thrilled beyond words to be celebrating this particular anniversary, even if we are on two different continents. So, here's to you and me baby, and hoping for at least 50 more years to come. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment