The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Countdown...

Only one more day until Steve comes home! In all actuality, I think we've done pretty well. It's been nice to have my parents here to run interference and help out. Stella is loving having Kitty and G here (aka, my parents).

I have a check-up tomorrow with my oncologist and my first Herceptin treatment that begins the three week cycle. I'll be doing the once every three week Herceptin treatment through January of 2013. It will be nice to not have to go there every week! I feel like I should be getting nervous about my surgery but I've been so busy I honestly haven't had much time to think about it. This is very un-Erin like. I am a worrier, it's just what I do. But, since my diagnosis I've gotten really good at rolling with the punches and taking things as they come. This is so not my normal, business like approach to life but it's working for me right now. With life being on the verge of out of control 95% of the time, I think it's my only option!! It's sort of the same way with my kids. Stella was so easy, I was able to keep her on a fairly tight schedule and I loved the predictability of each day. With Simon, ALL bets are off. The child refuses any sort of schedule (hell on my time-table loving heart) and for everything that Stella did easily, he makes it a monumental challenge (eating solids, napping, teething just to name a few). Le sigh... it's amazing how two kids from the same parents can be so very, very different.

I'm looking forward to this weeked. I'm helping to co-host a baby shower for some of our very good friends, it's going to be a blast! It will be nice to have Steve back in town and we can settle back into our "routine". Well, for a week anyway and then I have my surgery. All bets are off at that point! So, let the countdown begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment