The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Killing Kyle

Well friends, it's official: I KILLED KYLE!!! Peace out you jerk, I'm a free woman! I had a follow-up MRI with my breast surgeon yesterday. She walked into the room and just said, "your MRI looks amazing, it's like the cancer was never there". Um WOW!!! She was really excited and I think a bit amazed at how well my body responded to the chemo. Of course she and my oncologist have been very positive regarding my prognosis all along, but as with most things in life, there are no guarantees. This is not to say that I don't have a long way to go towards my recovery, but to know that the cancer is gone is a HUGE plus :)

Yesterday was actually even longer than I expected it to be. Dealing with cancer has taught me *some* patience but even I have my limits. I started my day with my weekly Herpceptin treatment which was "supposed" to be at 11:15. And wouldn't you know the ONE day I need them to be running on time, they lost my paperwork and I sat there for an HOUR waiting, ugh. Not a huge deal other than I didn't get to eat lunch because I had to drive like a terrorist to make it to my MRI without being too late. I was supposed to have my MRI at one and then my biopsy at three, needless to say I left the office at 5pm, just in time for Friday traffic, wahoo! Oh well, it's done and I certainly can't complain about the results!

We don't have a crazy weekend planned and I think my cold is finally heading out. We're going to celebrate tonight with some steaks on the grill and a bottle of wine. That's certainly my idea of a happy celebration :)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful news!!! Glad you are having a low key weekend to relax and celebrate! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaayyyy!!! Such wonderful news. You've been on my heart and I really appreciate the sympathy for Riley. It's tough to watch her go through it and I'm going to miss her so much. I named her after you, ya know. (Nah - but my husband's side is Irish so it works even though she's a German breed.) Do you know I still remember Casserole Cassie-Roll?

    ReplyDelete