The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tuesday Truths

Right now I'm "supposed" to be cleaning up my house as we have some wonderful friends who offered to watch the kids while Steve and I attend chemopolooza tomorrow. I really would hate to have them see my house in it's current state. Even good, close friends shouldn't be subjected to the aftermath of "playtime". But alas, I'll get to it at some point today. More than likely, I'll be doing the "Flight of the Bumblebees" as Steve refers to it. What am I talking about? Oh, you know, that frantic cleaning mode where you've waited until the very last minute and then it's "shove-everything-into-any-available-closet/bin/basket/cabinet" and give the illusion of organized chaos. As a general rule, never, ever open a closet in my house unless asked to by me. Remember that episode of Friends when Joey and Chandler break into Monica's "secret" closet and are nearly killed by all of the stuff crammed in there? I'm a close second... but darn it, the rest of my house appears "clean".

Anyway, my point is that I don't have a lot of time today, but I did want to share something that I think is a happy coincidence. Another friend of mine pointed out to me yesterday a verse from the song by Baz Luhrman, "Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen". Remember that song? I do and I love it! The song came out when I was in college and was inspirational to me even then. So, the verse he reminded me of was this:

"The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your
worried mind: the kind that blindsides you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday."

Seriously, I was blown away, because that's just the way life works. I don't really know if it's a coincidence or not as to how this quote ties in so perfectly with my life these days, but I thought it was worth sharing. The rest of the song is amazing, a little food for the soul. Baz had a good point with the sunscreen too...

No comments:

Post a Comment