The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Patio Season

Gosh this weather is fantastic!! It's hard not to feel like a million bucks when it's sunny and in the 80's...in March, but whatever. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I feel like a million bucks, but at least a couple hundred thousand :) The chemo haze is wearing off, which for me, is just feeling tired and dizzy, nothing too crazy. Oh, and wanting to eat anything not nailed down, but I'm hoping the warmer weather will kick my fat butt into exercising a little more...

I'm enjoying a few minutes of down time. The windows are all thrown open, the trees are blooming and Stella has been regulated to nap time in the pack n play. In the bonus room, where she can party hard but has a 2 x 3 foot space to work with. The last time I checked on her, she was singing a song about a ball and colors and had one foot propped straight up on the side of the pack n play. Oh nap time, what a joke! At least Simon is snoozing...for the moment. Just kidding, he apparently needs to eat every 2 hours today, growth spurt perhaps???

I am hoping that this weather (at least in the south) means that spring is officially here. I think Atlanta is at it's best in the spring, it's really beautiful here with all of the flowering trees and shrubs. So, if spring is officially sprung, that means we can declare patio season! What is patio season? Patio season is my most cherished event, it involves drinking and being outdoors! My absolute, most favorite thing to do is to sit out on the patio (or deck, garden, you get the point) with a drink (wine, beer, I'm not picky) and enjoy the beautiful weather. If good music is playing, that's a bonus. Why do I love this time of year so much? I think it's the anticipation, the excitement of warmer months and happier days ahead. What's not to love about sitting in the cool of the evening, enjoying a cocktail with friends and watching another day come to an end? So, sign me up, I'm ready! I could use a fresh pedicure and about 15 less pounds, but here's to spring and many more happy days to follow, cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment