The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ants Marching

I received something very cool (and hilarious) in the mail the other day. A friend sent me a card wishing us well and in the card she included a new (and much improved) calendar. How does one improve a calendar? Why, by deleting Tuesdays, of course!! So, yes, my new calendar omits every Tuesday for the next several months. Freaking awesome! I'm thinking she should submit it to whoever is in charge of calendar making. I would love to be in charge of the world calendar for a year, or at least the American calendar. I would need to add a few holidays like: National Take Your Pet to Work Day (okay, completely unrealistic, but probably pee-your-pants funny), National Bread Day (who wouldn't love to eat bread all day?) or certainly the day after the superbowl should be National Hangover Day (food or alcohol related).

I have my third round of chemo on Friday. After Friday, I'll be halfway through my treatments, definitely a reason to celebrate! I'm happy that time is moving right along. If time could hurry up the terrible two's and Simon's meltdowns that would be great too. Holy COW what were we thinking have two kids so close in age??? My house is literally a 3 ring circus every.single.day. It's a wonder I haven't broken a leg or two tripping over random pieces of fake food (why has it spread to every corner of the downstairs?!?!), toddler books (they have turned my living room into an obstacle course) and not to mention 5,000 random parts to toys that I can't even identify! Add to that a 4 month old who is either deliriously happy or raging his brains out and one completely insane dog (who takes obscene pleasure in grabbing the fake food and chewing it to bits and barking at birds... as you can imagine, we have a lot of birds here). Somes days, like yesterday and Monday, I just want to walk out the door, shut it quietly and RUN AWAY as fast as I can. I know I'm not going to win any mother of the year awards (Stella locking me out of the house the other day probably sealed the deal for that one) but some days I really wonder what on earth I'm doing. Don't get me wrong, I love my children and the "joy" they bring to my life, but on the days when Stella is flailing her arms, yelling "YOU HEAR DAT?" at the top of her lungs 57 times in one minute and Simon is screaming because it's been 2 hours and 34 minutes since his last bottle and he needs to eat RIGHT NOW, I get a little crazy. And completely off-topic, but what else is new?

So, yes, the days are rolling along and summer is almost here, my favorite time of year. Of course, with summer, comes bugs. Ugh, they make me a special kind of crazy. To add to my insanity this week, the ants have decided to invade early this year. They just adore my kitchen counters. Perhaps this is a tribute to my cleaning abilities, I'm not sure. This would be annoying in it's own way, but normally this doesn't happen until August...it's March. What does this mean for the summer? I'm a little scared to even think about what insects might be visiting in August if the ants are already here. Ants marching through my kitchen and children making me laugh at myself. Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment