The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Technology Tantrums

I forgot to mention that on Friday I managed to shatter the screen on my iPhone. That's just an inappropriate way to start a weekend in my opinion. It's not like I threw the phone across the room, it just fell off an end table. I ran over to the the Apple store on my way to treatment. Of course they won't fix the phone, instead they could give me a new phone for $200. I'm getting cheap in my old age, so I walked out, thanks, but no thanks, I'll figure it out. My phone had a spider web type shatter but it did still work. So, I decided to see how annoying it would be to use the phone as is. I sat down at my treatment and began texting...it wasn't too bad other than not being able to see some of the words. Not that different from autocorrect which changes at least half of the words I'm trying to type anyway (I really can't stand autocorrect). The real issue came when attempting to play "Words With Friends" (a completely addictive mobile version of scrabble). I nearly sliced my finger off trying to move the letters to make a word. This would not be the best time for me to have a flesh wound. Steve found a website that supplies new screens so we ordered one for $70. Last night Steve was able to fix my phone. Yay for handy husbands and alternative solutions!
On another completely random note, I can't stop eating. I'm starving and it's obnoxious. I'm in no way saying that I would ever choose to have cancer or any of the awful side effects, but I thought one of the "perks" would be losing weight. Oh no, not with my chemo drugs. According to the staff, my chemo drugs typically cause some weight gain. GREAT! That's just wonderful. We are going to need to stage an intervention in this house and the peanut M&M's are going to be the first to go. Followed closely by the bread and chips. GAH!
To make myself feel better about the current goings on, I decided that fresh bedding for our master bedroom was the perfect solution. Surely a girl can't feel too poorly with a lovely new duvet and coordianting shams from Pottery Barn. They REALLY need to stop sending me catalogs. The duvet should be here this afternoon: squeeeeee!!
My Kindle died today. REALLY people, I can't make this stuff up. I'm currently waiting for the TV to burst into flames or the computer to blow up. Nothing would surprise me at this point. In the meantime, I think I'll stick to sitting outside and enjoying the warm weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment