The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Rice & Beans

I began my weekly Herceptin treatments on Friday. Herceptin is the drug designed to specifically target my cancer (HER 2 Nu +). Each treatment is only 30 minutes which is nice. I am happy to report that I am feeling great, no side effects from the Herceptin! I would venture to say that I am feeling normal (potentially a dangerous thing) and like myself. It's strange, really, because I keep waiting to feel bad. Each morning when I wake up and open my eyes I have to remind myself that I have cancer because I don't feel any different. So far I don't look any different. My chemo drugs are supposed to cause hair loss, so it's only a matter of time before my appearance does change. I'm not sure how I really feel about it. On one hand it will be my first visible sign of battling cancer, proof that I'm actually sick and putting up the fight for my life. On the other hand, it's an opportunity to try something new, maybe curly hair? Or red? So am I stressing about losing my hair? I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it. But, I'm just going to focus on losing my hair as a fresh start, a new lease on life. Most women don't get that chance, or at least not without seeming completely insane and shaving their heads in a fit of rage (sorry Britney, it was a bit crazytown). And who knows, maybe I'll go blonde, they're supposed to have more fun, right? Just kidding, I went blonde once and it was bad, really bad.
We had a good weekend that included a family photoshoot. A friend suggested we do a family photo, sort of as a "before" type of thing. I thought it was a great idea and we had a fantastic experience with our photographer! Despite my best efforts, the queen of "no naps"(aka: Stella) decided to pull an ultimate rebellion and didn't sleep a wink. As you might imagine, she was in RARE form for the photoshoot Saturday afternoon. Whose poorly behaved child was running without shoes on around the park like a banshee screaming no? Anyone? Oh wait... that was MY child. We were "those people" with the screaming toddler. Le sigh... Taking her out to dinner afterwards was also probably a poor choice. I did apologize to the staff at Chipotle for the mountain of rice of the floor. Oh, and the stray beans on the window. These are the days... or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment