The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mary Poppins & Other Drugs

Mary Freaking Poppins, where are you with your magic umbrella? I could really use your help right now, especially with your wonderful organizing solutions and exciting chalk drawings! I'm sure my kids would love you! I could also REALLY use a spoonful of sugar to help this medicine go down, can you help a sister out?
I kid, I kid (mostly). I'm honestly feeling okay, which still surprises me. Do I feel great? No, not really, but I don't feel too bad either. The best analogy that I can come up with is that I feel pregnant (this is so not cool considering I just had a baby...I've done my time!). That first trimester crazy, tired haze. I believe it's "medically" referred to as "chemo brain". I feel like I could sleep forever, yet when I have the chance to sleep, my mind just keeps on rolling. But, I don't feel sick, which I am so very, very thankful for. All in all, I'm just tired and a little dizzy. The dizziness is a strange feeling, like walking on a ship that's leaning. Part of me wonders if I had some wine (to counteract the dizzy), maybe I'd feel like I was standing up straight. Or, I'd just go ahead and fall all the way over...nevermind!
We enjoyed some much needed family time over the weekend. The distraction was great (4 kids under the age of 3 will do that...) and chaos reigned supreme. Steve headed back to work today and I have resumed my role as stay at home mom (aka: keeper of the Dora stickers and everything else not nailed down...). How has Stella turned into the terrible two tornado overnight? She's a whirling dervish (a cute one, but still, holy cow!), how I am going to keep up with her? Simon is demanding more and more attention, mostly by smiling and not screaming anymore at least. So, yeah, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Not to worry, we'll get some help and I know that. But that's also been one of the toughest aspects of being sick for me: Asking for help. I take so much pride in doing things independently, working hard to do right by my kids, my family. It's tough to take the high road and admit that I may not be able to do it all, that I may need some help. I'm working on it. Yanking in my pride is a bitter pill to swallow for sure. So, Mary Poppins, if you're listening? I'll take that spoonful of sugar now, and a big glass of wine to go with it, thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment