The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Travelling Circus

Our trip to Sandestin was wonderful! Steve and I had a great time filled with sunsets, bonfires on the beach, good friends and of course, plenty of free flowing booze :). If you've never been to the Florida Panhandle (or Redneck Riviera as it's sometimes referred to), you are missing something special. The gulf coast is gorgeous and will not disappoint.


Coming back to reality has been a cold, hard smack in the face this week. It's been a double whammy because the kids finished up with school last week, so they've been home with me. ALL DAY, EVERYDAY. I am exhausted. Several times yesterday I found myself questioning how I had two kids home all the time while on chemo. Clearly if I can survive chemo with a newborn and a toddler, I can make it through this summer. But if this week is any indication, it's going to be a L-O-N-G summer. Not that I'm complaining (at least, not loudly), I love having them with me and we do have lots of fun. Now that Simon is mostly talking in sentences and Stella speaks with the mouth of a 25 year old, it's never quiet. I no longer have any personal thoughts because I am unable to turn off the endless chatter. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing both kids talk and laugh (but not scream, which they really seem to love doing) but it's not quiet. EVER. Luckily, we have lots of fun things to look forward to including trips to Virginia and South Carolina, swimming lessons and lots of pool time!


Thankfully, we are departing reality tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'll do when we're in town for longer than a week or two. We're heading to the North Georgia Mountains for some R & R with some good friends. We've rented a cabin and are looking forward to relaxing and being outdoors. Bring on the campfire, s'mores and wine!


I met with my plastic surgeon yesterday and was cleared for my last procedure, yay!!!! The last step is getting my tattoos (I had nipple reconstruction in April, then they tattoo the areolas - it's amazing how realistic they look). My tatt date is scheduled for July 1, which I find to be an incredibly ironic date. July 2 of 2012 was my first surgery and two years to the damn day, I will finally be finished with all of the reconstruction. I'll toast to that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment