The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Poor Choices

I'm a whirling dervish of ADD today. I am attempting to pack AND clean my house at the same time. Needless to say, I'm basically spinning in circles. Currently, I'm procrastinating by updating the blog. Steve and I are headed to San Destin (FL) tomorrow for a kid free weekend away - do you hear the angels singing?!?!?! Each year his company sends everyone (and a spouse/ spice) to an out-of-town destination for a weekend of fun and debauchery relaxation. Last year we went to Savannah and several years ago it was in Asheville. Steve works with such a fun, enthusiastic group, it's impossible NOT to have a good time.


Steve's parents have been kind enough to volunteer to come stay with the kids while we're gone. That would be the reason that I need to clean the house. This house looks like a bunch of hooligans live here. The tumbleweeds of dog hair are almost the size of Simon and I just ran the vacuum last week... Plus, we have the normal arsenal of toddler toys. Last Friday, someone left a truck out and I stepped on it. It zoomed out from under my foot and I landed flat on my hip and face. I'm sure I looked like something out of a cartoon. As I was laying on the floor willing myself to get up and not drop a few F-bombs, Stella looked at me and said, "Well Mommy, it's looks like you need to be more careful". Gee thanks, sweetheart. Once I was able to limp away, I went directly to the kitchen and poured myself a beer (I'm pretty sure it was after 5pm at that point). I won't even mention the 85 loads of laundry still waiting to be folded...


Continuing with all things amazing in my life, I would like to offer you a very important piece of advice. Never, EVER attempt to highlight your own hair at home. You're welcome, in advance. I decided to be cheap and DIY at home. I have to say that was one of the poorest choices I have made in recent memory. As you know, my hair is dark. All I was attempting to do, was add some lighter brown into the dark, boring brown. I've had my hair highlighted (by a professional) a million times, so naturally I assumed I could do my own hair. HAHA LOL! Instead of the highlights being a few shades of brown lighter, they turned out brassy blonde, my favorite (NOT!) with my super dark brown hair underneath. Try to match that level of hotness. Honestly, I looked like a drug dealer in a mug shot looking for a score. Sigh...  So off I went to the store to purchase some more boring brown to cover up my poor attempt at hair styling. I am happy to inform you that my hair is back to brown and hasn't fallen out yet...


Anyway, I'm running out of time to get anything done. Surely I can dust, vacuum and fold laundry at the same time, right?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment