The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Next Step

Tomorrow is the big day - I begin radiation. I'm a little nervous, but mostly just ready to get the show on the road. Today I have my "dress rehearsal" for raidation. Basically they do a mock up of exactly how things will be placed so that when I actually start treatments, they won't have to position the machine each time. My doctor says I won't really have any side effects, other than being tired towards the end. I'll admit I'm a little irritated about that. Why on earth does that bother me when it could be so much worse? Well, I didn't realize just how tired/ exhausted I had been over the past year (including being pregnant with Simon last fall). Now that I have my enegry back and I'm feeling great I just don't want to feel like half a person again. I'm frustrated that I'll have to battle fatigue and dragging myself through the day. I know, I know, I really don't have much to complain about, I've come through this journey relatively unscathed and have an excellent prognosis. Ready ot not, it's time to get moving and check another box off of the treatment list.

I've become somewhat complacent with the fact that I have been feeling awesome. Still, it's been so amazing to recieve all of the well wishes, cards, emails etc as I begin this next phase of my treatment. I truly believe that fighting cancer is as much a mental battle as it is a physical one. Thank you so very much for all of the love and support along the way. Knowing that all of you have been standing beside me through this journey has given me the courage to face the fire and battle my way through, eyes wide open. I'll never be able to truly express how much it means, but please know that I am so grateful and appreciative of every kind word, gesture, and prayer. I am so lucky that cancer chose me, because without this major reality check, I would have taken for granted just how many fantastic people have been a part of my life. I'll always be thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment