The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Monday, September 17, 2012

The Warwagon

Life is good these days :). We finally struck gold in the car department after years (okay, maybe a month or so, whatever, you get the point) of searching. After much (and I do mean MUCH) debate on the type of car we were going to get, we decided on a Toyota Sequoia. I absolutely love these SUVs and driving it is basically like driving a larger version of my 4Runner. I have, without a doubt, loved driving my 4Runner. I bought it new in 2005 and it's been a joy to drive. It will be very hard to say good-bye to that car, we've been through a lot together. But, as much as I love the 4Runner, it wasn't able to hold up in the space category...just not enough room! So, anyway, Steve and I had been searching for a used Sequoia and I was getting fairly frustrated with the process as several had slipped through our fingers due to varying circumstances. In hindsight I'm really glad the other cars didn't work out because the Sequoia we ended up getting is exactly what we were looking for, YAY! We did have to venture to Huntsville, AL on Saturday (about 3 hours from Atlanta) but it made for a fun roadtrip and completely gorgeous drive. It also helped that the kids were extremely well behaved. I am so excited! We have already decided on a name for the car (come on, you know your car has a name too!) and I think it's well suited: The Warwagon. Because, really, between two kids, all of their junk, and one insane chocolate lab, this car is going to be getting a workout! Nevermind that our driveway/ garage looks like a used car lot...we've haven't put the Exploder (otherwise known as the Explorer) or the 4Runner up for sale yet. If you're interested, hit me up!

In other news, I met with my radiation oncologist today. The big news? I'll (FINALLY) be starting radiation next Thursday. Yeehaw. I think she may believe I'm slightly crazy (not shocking if you've met me ;) ) because I told her that I needed to be done with radiation before Thanksgiving. If I don't get to go home (to Virginia) for Thanksgiving someone is going to get an absolute earfull. She promised me I would be done by then and feeling good. That's reason to celebrate!

Steve is heading to a boys golf adventure beginning on Wednesday, he'll be back Sunday. Hopefully the kids and I will survive each other. Between Stella and the terrible two's (people really weren't kidding about that little gem) and Simon with his teething (sheer agony...although he does now have 4 teeth!) it's going to be ugly. Really, really ugly. Maybe I should start drinking now...

No comments:

Post a Comment