The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Bed Wars

Simon is 9 months old today. WHAT?!?! How is this possible? And if Simon is 9 months old, that means that I was diagnosed with IBC 7 months ago. My oh my, I will be the first one in line to wish 2012 a VERY good riddance. It's an interesting conundrum (are you loving my use of SAT words?) because on one hand, I cannot wait for this year to be over for obvious reasons, but on the other hand, I hate to wish the time away, especially since Simon will most likely be the last baby for us. Honestly, at this point the thought of 1) being pregnant again and 2) the concern about my body and it's capability to do anything "normal" are serious stressors for me. Nevermind that fact that we are already 50 shades out of control here, adding another person into this mix would surely put us on the fast track to the looney bin. We may already be on the fast track, I'm not sure...

I'm happy to report that I did go the eye doctor and have a new contact lens/ glasses prescription. So, hopefully my spelling will improve on here since I can now see the computer screen. I know, one doesn't really go with the other, but humor me here. Plus, it's nice being able to read road signs :)

At the risk of having DFCS called on me, I opted not to handcuff Stella to her bed. We did, however, have a small victory in what I'm now referring to as The Bed Wars. While the baby gate I purchased managed to keep Stella in her room, it did not keep Stella from repeatedly slamming her door. Steve, having not endured the intense battle of Stella running wild during naptime, took charge on Tuesday night. He quickly became frustrated with the continuous up and down the stairs routine, especially since we were attempting to make dinner...at 8:30 pm (our normal dinner time). After his 5th trip upstairs, he ran down to the basement and returned with a screw driver. I didn't even ask what he was up to. Steve turned the door knob around on Stella's door, so now the lock is on the outside. Brilliant!! Does it keep her in her bed? Of course not, but it sure as heck keeps her in her room! We won a small battle, but not the war. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment