The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sweet Freedom

I am officially a FREE woman!! I had my last drain removed today, wahoo!! Those things are seriously disgusting and uncomfortable, I'm happy to be rid of the last one. Actually, it probably could have stayed in longer but was starting to get funky (for lack of a better term) and old. So, go me and all that :)

In other news, today Stella was accepted into the preschool we were on the waiting list for. School starts August 20 (yikes!!) so we have lots to get accomplished before she goes. She'll be going Tuesdays and Thursdays for the entire school year. I just can't believe she's old enough to be going to preschool. I know Stella will love it (and eventually so will I) but gosh, I've so enjoyed having her all to myself during the day this past year. Simon has already become so independent (we hold our own bottle now, thank you very much!) before I know it, he'll be playing baseball in high school (well, I can hope, at least!). Although, maybe I'm looking at this completely wrong...maybe preschool can help ease the pain/ disaster that is the terrible two's. Things are slightly (read: mostly) out of control here at the moment. For example: Last week I was reading while my darling children were "napping" (we use that term very loosely in this house). Suddenly, I heard a door slam. Well, obviously my windows aren't open as it's August in Georgia so logically I leapt to the conclusion that someone had broken into the house and was upstairs. At the next door slam I went charging up the stairs (okay, not really sure what I was going to do IF I caught the intruder, but whatever). I opened Stella's door but she wasn't in her room. I heard talking coming from Simon's room so when I opened his door, naturally I was surprised to find my "napping" children playing. Thankfully, Simon was still in his crib (if he had been out, we'd be having an entirely different conversation) and having a blast with Stella putting things in the crib for him. Yup, I was so freaked out/ amused by what was going on that I couldn't even be mad. So began the "I can now open the child proof door knob things and will not stop" movement of Stella during naptime. I may lose my mind over this one (most of it's gone at this point anyway). I was so frustrated yesterday that I went to Target and bought a baby gate to put in her door frame. The 12th time I went upstairs this afternoon to put her back in bed, I found various assorted items hanging on the baby gate. Go ahead and laugh, I did.

We had a nice weekend visit with Steve's parents, they came to visit from South Carolina. I had my 3 week Herceptin treatment on Friday along with a check-up with my oncologist. She's still pleased with how things are going. I've also been getting bi-weekly pump ups (I'm not really sure what else to call it?!?!) in my right tissue expander.

Things are rolling right along. I've started seeing commercials for football season which gets me excited for fall. Not that I'm wishing the summer away, but fall is my favorite season! On that note, I'm headed upstairs as something was just launched from the two year old's room...

No comments:

Post a Comment