The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hiking for Health

Stella had her first day of preschool yesterday and absolutely loved it! I was fairly confident that she would be fine (she did go to daycare while I was still teaching) but it's been over a year since she has been to daycare, so I was quite curious to see how she would do. Her teacher said she did great and seemed pretty enthusiastic. She woke up this morning hoping that she would be going to school again today. I hated telling her no, but she'll get to go on Thursday - her class meets every Tuesday and Thursday. It was kind of funny once Stella was at school and Simon was snoozing for his morning nap, I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself and this newly found free time. Not to worry, I found plenty of things to keep me busy!

We had a nice, fun weekend. On Sunday we hiked up Kennesaw Mountain at the battlefield. I am somewhat embarassed to admit it was our first visit. There are some wonderful national and state parks here that we have yet to see. We made a vow that we would do this more often. The kids loved being outside and Steve and I enjoyed the hike. Plus, I enjoy exercising outside 1,000 more times than I do hitting the treadmill at the gym. I haven't been to the gym in so long that I'm 99% sure if I went there today two things would happen: 1) My access card would burst into flames and 2) I'd most likely have to go through new member orientation again... The good news is that I'm excited to start exercising again, and the more active I am, the more energy I have.

Tomorrow I have my last "pump-up" for my right tissue expander. I am so pumped (ha!). My doctor is basically letting my make the call and I'm ready to be done. Each time I have an expansion it gets a little more painful. I will have the tissue expander in for at least 6 months so I want to make sure I can live with it for that amount of time. The other piece of good news is now that I am done with expansion, I can begin radiation. On Friday, I have a Herceptin treatment and finally get to see my friend Kate again - I haven't seen her in two months! I'm looking forward to catching up with her.

I've managed to catch a cold (or maybe it's allergies, who knows) so I'm going to put my feet up. It's hard to believe that labor day is fast approaching - where did the summer go?

No comments:

Post a Comment