The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wiggity Wack!

The title of this post should do two things: 1) Make you aware immediately that I have nothing of value to say I just felt like writing and 2) Remember Kris Kross (Jump Jump!)? I am dating myself and you can thank me later for having that song in your head for the rest of the day!


So, in distant refernce to the title of this post, I have yet to acquire a wig. At this point, I'm not going to, but I'm sort of proud of myself for not going that route. I really had planned on getting one and there have been several times that I've wished I had bought a wig. But, our insurance does not reimburse for "Cranial Prosthetics" (AKA wigs for people who speak non-medical English) and I don't exactly have $600 I don't know what to do with. Yes, there are many cheaper options available online, but I wanted to be able to try it on first. So, I've managed to make the most of it with my favorite hat. Ironically, I get lots of compliments on it, especially at the oncologists office. I only have two chemos left so I think I'm going to make it. Just don't ask me to take my hat off :)


In other completely random news, I'm reading Fifty Shades of Grey and all I can really say is, WOWZA! It is VERY steamy (glad I'm reading it on my Kindle) and I'm certainly no blushing bride...but still, OH MY! It's actually a great story, the characters are fantastic and I've laughed out loud several times. I'm looking forward to starting the second book soon.


We're doing Race For the Cure Saturday morning. I'm not sure it's the best choice to participate considering I'm having chemo tomorrow, but I'll be there. Steve's company has a team particpating and I woudn't miss it. Other than that, we have a laid back weekend planned (hopefully). Happy Mother's Day to all the momma's out there, especially to all of the first time moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment