The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Nice Little Saturday

It's already Monday again! We had a busy, productive weekend and the weather was absolutely gorgeous! I had a Herceptin treatment on Friday which should should have taken an hour and ended up taking three... I'm not exactly sure what the problem was, but to say they were running behind would be an understatement. Luckily Kate and I were there at the same time so I had some one to chat with. Funny enough, we've been there long enough that we're considered "regulars". I like being a regular, mostly because I know the staff at this point and we're able to joke around and laugh. Being a regular also means that I'm familiar with some of the other patients and chat with them too. Small things, I know, but it's nice feeling comfortable in a place that is my "new normal".

Saturday was picture perfect weather and we spent most of the day outside. We've had a decent amount of rain recently and that means that our yard was quickly reaching "jungle status". Steve has the grass under control but the weeds were having an absolute party in the flower beds. It's amazing how much better things look without the weeds :) Steve finished the garage shelf project (our garage is so organized right now Martha Stewart would be jealous!) and managed to wash the cars as well. Stella had a blast "helping". Simon and I enjoyed watching the show! We had the kids in bed by 8 and enjoyed some time relaxing out on the deck with a beer and homemade steak fajitas, yum!

Sunday was a bit more laid back. In fact, it was laid back enough that I don't really have anything of note to mention. We did decide to have dinner at Chili's which is always fun and good people watching. Stella thinks Chili's is the cat's pajamas! So, we had a nice dinner out and Simon even behaved...I think he enjoys people watching as well.

We've got a busy week ahead and hopefully I can keep up!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! I love that you used the phrase "cat's pajamas" - one of my favorites!! Hugs to you, Erin!

    ReplyDelete