The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Bits & Pieces

It's been awhile since I've updated! We've been busy getting our summer on and just returned from a trip up to Virginia to see my parents and their new home. We had a great time visiting and my parents have a beautiful new house! Their new community has an absolutely amazing pool (complete with a pirate ship that shoots all sorts of water sprayers) and we were lucky enough to play there almost every day. The kids were excellent in the car and had a blast playing with cousins and new friends! I do wish I had time to catch up with everyone while home. I'm sorry if I missed you this trip and hopefully we can connect the next time I'm home!


My ear infection has finally cleared up and I'm feeling good these days. I am excited to tell you that a few weeks ago I purchased my bike for the Tour de Pink. You might be curious as to how my training is going. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I start...


Steve and I celebrated 8 years of wedded bliss (well, maybe I should say 8 years of adventures in chaos) on June 17. It's amazing how fast time is flying by. A house that needs constant attention, two kids, two dogs and several cars later, we're better than ever and looking forward to what the next 8 years will bring. I just had the most horrifying thought - in another 8 years, Stella will be 12 and Simon will be 10. We won't mention the ages of Steve and I at that point because I am not physically able to say that number. Yikes...


I had treatment yesterday and have my 3 month check-up with the oncologist on July 10. Fingers crossed that all is well. I am assuming this is the case, as I'm feeling fine. I am probably due for a PET scan at some point, but I won't know until I see my doctor.


Murphy just stole an entire bag of snack size M&M's and came tearing into the office. I guess it was the magic elves who left the pantry door open. AGAIN. She ate another one of Steve's leather shoes last night. I'm off on an M&M rescue and recovery (yeah, right) mission. Try not to be envious of my glamorous life...

No comments:

Post a Comment