The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pink & Ink

It's been an exciting day for me! Literally two years to the day (minus one), I am finished with surgeries and reconstruction!! This morning I had the "tata's tatted up". (Had to quote a dear friend on that little phrase!).   I may have to do a little touch up in a few months, but that's it! The tattooing itself was easy and very fast. I have a tattoo (for shame, says my mother), so I knew what to expect for the most part. I will say it was quite strange having "the gals" tattooed. I really have no sensation there, but could still feel the vibration from the needle, if that makes any sense? The clinician warned me that they would look terrible for a month or so (always neat to hear those words during a medical procedure) but that eventually (because all I have is time, people...) I should look great. Apparently she looked at my before photos and thinks that her ink will be a close match. That's cool, although I guess I just don't really care all that much? Steve was hoping I'd get something "awesome" for my tattoos, but, well, I do have to look at myself everyday and I'm not sure artwork, cartoons, symbols or otherwise are exactly what I'm going for in that area :).

In other news, I ripped off the proverbial band aid over the weekend and started potty training Simon. Really, is there anything a parent of a toddler dreads/ avoids more? I freely admit that I waited WAY too long with Stella, but I get to play the Cancer Card on that one. Plus, she is possibly the most stubborn child I have ever met, so there's that. Anyway, I am proud to say that Simon has done awesome!! For a temperamental, grumpy and opinionated guy that he can be, he has taken to potty training remarkably well. Fingers crossed it continues! I will share that potty training a boy is an adventure in accuracy. We'll just leave it at that!

I am happy to tell you that I have officially started my training for the Tour de Pink! FINALLY. I am on week two and I *think* things are going well. Who really knows, but I'm dragging my lazy butt onto the bike almost every day. I hope I can keep it up! We're headed to the Hinman Family Compound for the holiday weekend (yay for family and beach time!) and my goal is to get in at least one ride there. It's the perfect place to ride a bike and completely flat!! Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment