The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Friday, June 6, 2014

Rekindled Romance

Yesterday I decided that I just couldn't take it anymore. After 9 days of not being able to hear out of my right ear at all and waking up with my left ear hurting, enough was enough. I was very hesitant to go to the doctor after my experience with Dr. DB last week. I really thought maybe I was making myself crazy. So, rather than call up Dr. DB to get an appointment (which is probably what I should have done, but I'm seriously done with him), I went to the urgent care affiliated with my hospital, which is close to where we live. I'm so glad I went. The doctor (who, by the way, was once of the nicest men I have ever met) took one look at my ear and said, "Damn, no wonder you feel bad!". Instant gratification right there, people. He said my ears were full of fluid and that my ear drum was bulging. The doc said that would explain why I can't hear out of my right ear. He prescribed more prednisone (yay) and an antibiotic. Woohoo, I'm rekindling my romance with steroids! This marks my fourth round of prednisone in three months, which isn't cool, but if it will help restore my hearing, I'm willing to do just about anything. It seems as though along with killing my cancer, chemo also killed any resistance I had to the allergens here in Atlanta. Neat, huh?


I just wanted to update, it's been a rough two weeks. Feeling lousy doesn't do much for my positive state of mind. I'm optimistic that the drugs will kick in soon and I can get on with enjoying my summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment