The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sh!tstorm

Given the title of this post, you can probably guess where this conversation is headed. It's been an interesting week. We spent a nice weekend with my parents here and the weather was kind enough to cooperate and be quite warm. Steve and I had "date night" on Friday evening and probably ate the best meal we've ever had out in Atlanta. I also had treatment on Friday afternoon which was mostly uneventful. Now that I'm past my one year of Herceptin, it seems like the staff isn't quiet sure what to do with me. Luckily my favorite nurse was working (she's now in charge of the chemo lounge - props to her!) and we got things figured out. Still feeling a little frustrated that I have to continue on with the Herceptin, but I guess being alive is a pretty good perk :). My friend Kate was there so we had a chance to catch up. She's doing great, just a few Herceptin treatments left for her and then she starts the dreaded Tamoxifen (a maintenence drug for ER/ PR + breast cancer).

I am happy to announce that Stella is potty trained - finally! I know I'm seriously late to that little party, but well, you know, that whole cancer thing sort of put a dent in my regularly scheduled life. I was actually quite surprised at how quickly she got the hang of things. I used the "Oh Crap Potty Training" book which I highly recommend if you're shopping for potty training methods. It's sort of the same idea as the "3Day Method" but not as harsh. And honestly, it took Stella less than two days to go from accidents, to really, perfection. And, that my friends, is where our story really begins...

Last week Stella had to use the potty, so she took herself to the bathroom (little miss independent). At that exact moment, Murphy needed to go out, so assuming (really dumb, I am aware of this) all was in control in the house, I ran the puppy outside really quick to pee. I was outside no more than 60 seconds. In that minute amount of time, Simon stole Stella's pants (she left the bathroom door open) and threw them into the toilet as she was washing her hands. He also threw his blanket in the toilet and was sucking the water out of it when I walked in. Stella was trying to clean up the flooded floor with an entire roll of toilet paper (yes, it was sweet of her to try and clean up the mess). I completely FREAKED OUT! So GROSS!!! Luckily she had already flushed the toilet but still, O.M.G, toilet water blanket in the mouth.!!! I grabbed the blanket from Simon (and Stella's pants out of the toilet) and threw it into the washer, gagging as I went. He thought it was hilarious, typical male. GAH! I'm still skeeved out by that. Lesson leanred there. Oh, I should also mention that while I was cleaning up from Hurricane Simon, Murphy decided to uproot and dig out my 10 + foot tall plant in the sunroom. Dirt was everywhere. At that point I was so fed up and frustrated, I just swept the dirt up next to the plant. Vaccuuming would have required WAY too much effort. Just go ahead and call me 2013's mother of the year, I know I've earned it!

Yesterday I was finishing up unloading the dishwasher when I noticed that the house was entirely too quiet. That can only mean that Simon is up to something and it's never a good something, I started my patrol around the downstairs and then I heard a wail coming from the office followed by an "EWWW" from Stella. As I rounded the corner, there was Simon, ankle deep in dog poop. AWESOME. Murphy has dubbed the office her "dumping ground" and I guess she had just pooped and Simon stepped in it (shocking). The worst part was that I think he had tried to wipe it off, slipped and fell, got it on his hands and then of course, put his hands in his mouth. HOLY SH!T!! Gagging again, I ran him to the sink and tried to get off all of the poop. Stella kept shouting, "Simon pooped on the floor!!!" and I kept trying to explain to her that Simon didn't poop on the floor, Murphy did. I'm honestly not sure why that point was so important for me to emphasize.

So, there you have it, my so called life all wrapped up in one glorious, disgusting pile of poop. You're welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment