The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Reasons You're Proud to Know Me

Stories to make you feel better about your life compared to mine. The one day that Steve and I switch cars and I get to drive the "race car" (as the kids refer to it. I may drive a little more aggessively in his car, but it's so much fun to drive...). Wouldn't you know I blew (and I mean blew up!) a tire?! With the kids in the car after dark. Yup, nothing but good times when I'm around! Luckily we were close to home. I pulled over into the Publix parking lot hoping that I was wrong, but of course that didn't happen. So, what to do, what to do. The tire wasn't completely flat so I decided (read: prayed, hoped) that I could make it home. It's not that I can't change a tire, but honestly with it being dark and two small children in the car I wasn't really looking to add to my already joyful experience. So, I drove the car home, s l o w l y. I was absolutely terrified of damaging the rim, but we made it. Ironically, even though the flat tire was obviously not my fault, I still felt like a sneaky, pain in the ass teenager when I called Steve to tell him the good news about his car. You secretly wish you were me, I know...

Here's another reason you should be proud to know me. While my hair is growing in quite well, it's not what I'd consider an ideal color - super dark with lots of gray. That's just obnoxious. I decided to take matters into my own hands last week and color it myself. You totally know where this is going right? Before cancer, my hair was dark but had some red in it (it may or may not have had assistance in obtaining this shade). I really was just trying to achieve that approximate color. Yeah, not really so much. My hair is an unnatural shade of red and not, let me repeat NOT "Luscious Auburn" as advertised. You'd think that I would have learned my lesson after several disasterous attempts with coloring my hair in my 20's (despite my hopes, I will never, ever be a blonde). So, I'm rocking my Sharon Osbourne hair (it's sort of wild looking like hers too) and trying to own it. Sigh...

So really, good effort at life right over here. We're looking forward to having my parents in town this weekend if the weather cooperates. While it's already 60 degrees and sunny here this morning, rumor has it that VA and the DC area are going to be clobbered by "Snowquester 2013". Only when we have plans does the weather decide it's going to have a little fun. Keep your fingers crossed that my parents can come and enjoy our balmy weather and good luck to all of you battling the elements!

No comments:

Post a Comment