The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

And, CUT!

Well, I did it. I CUT MY HAIR!! Huge milestone on this journey. It felt rather odd to have someone cutting my hair since it's been over a year since I've had a real hair cut. I really didn't have her do anything drastic, bascially just cut off the mullet part and trim around my ears. It almost looks like I planned to wear my hair short at this point. You know, it's interesting because I really thought that my hair was growing back in exactly the same as before (super straight, fine) but now that it's a little longer, it seems to be much thicker. It also seems to have a bit of wave to it. Fingers crossed that the wave and thickness continue! We will not discuss the color, which is dark brown (booooooring) with gray. How utterly exciting. Many people have asked me if this is my natural color. Honestly, I have no clue - I've been highlighting my hair since college so your guess is as good as mine!

At this point I have all of my scans scheduled- they'll be in the next couple of weeks. I'm also coming up on my one year Cancerversary- that is seriously hard to believe. I'm going to do something cool to celebrate, I'm just not sure what yet! One of my goals coming out of all of this mess has been to volunteer working with cancer patients. I really feel like this is an opportunity for me to make a difference and "pay it forward" so to speak. So, stay tuned, I hope to have more to update on that in the upcoming months.

I keep forgetting to mention this (where are all of my brain cells going?) but my parents gave me the most amazing birthday gift. As you know, my grandmother (my dad's mom) passed away this spring, several days before her 100th birthday (she was adamant about us not throwing her a party!). Anyway, I've said that I feel that's she's my guardian angel since on the day she passed away, I received my offical "cancer free" status from my surgeon. Well, my parents had a necklace made from not only that grandmother, but my mom, her mother and great grandmother's wedding bands. How cool is that?!?! I especially love it because it makes me feel connected to all of them. A very special good luck charm, I know I'll take all of the good luck I can find!

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Heart. You commented, a very kind comment, on my blog awhile back, and I was checking in to see what you decided with your job. And now I see you are in the middle of an even bigger battle. Thank you for sharing your story! I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh...I want to see a picture of the necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete