The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tales From the Laundry Room

Why oh WHY is it that everytime I sit down to update this blog, one of my children, furry or otherwise has to scream, cry, bark, etc??? It is seriously the most frustrating thing ever. It's a wonder anything I write even makes sense because it literally takes me forever to write one post due to running up and down the stairs. Naptime in my house is a joke...

Anyway, it's been an interesting week. We had a lovely visit from an unwelcome stomach bug Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Talk about family bonding, ugh. The good news is that it was really quick and we're all feeling much better. I panicked at first, thinking it was the chemo getting to me. However, thirty minutes after I got sick, Stella did, so mystery solved there. Not that I ever want my children to be sick, but in this case, I was somewhat relieved to know it was a bug and not some whacked out, delayed reaction to chemo.

Between being on vacation and illness, we have approximately 500 loads of laundry to fold and put away. Laundry is my nemesis. How does one ever keep up? Just when I think we've gotten a hold on things, BAM, 4 more loads appear! On the rare day that it is all put away and I can see bare floor and chairs, I think, gosh, I love how organized I feel! I vow to myself that I will never let things get "THIS" bad again. And, sure enough, one week later, my vow is in the toilet and I can't get to the washer due to the laundry piled up. **sigh**

Speaking of vacations, I've had a nice little vacation from the chemo lounge. I normally get Herceptin every week, but since we were out of town last week, I was given a 3 week dose of Herceptin with my chemo. I wish I could do this all the time!! So, tomorrow I am free! What to do with this extra day of freedom? Oh right, laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment