The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

When Irish Chicks Are Fighting

Good morning! I'm happy to be back to feeling like myself after the 4th round of chemo. I'm not sick, just completely exhausted and a little fuzzy in the brain. Oh chemo brain, what a joke!  Monday after chemo seems to be my worst day and then it's back to feeling like my (mostly crazy) self. It's a really strange feeling/ sensation to describe, but I guess you could compare it to being hungover mixed with not sleeping for three days and throw in a little frustration just for good measure. That would about sum it up I think. Round 4 at the chemo lounge was somewhat uneventful. Kate was there and we set up camp, chatted and basically just hung out. There was a new patient in the chemo lounge who had a reaction to her chemo drugs. It was a little unnerving, but the staff was very quick to respond and handled the situation excellently, in my opinion. The patient was great, even able to laugh once she was feeling better!

I met with my oncologist on Friday and she continues to be floored and thrilled with my progress. Apparently the chemo seems to be doing it's job as she said everything has cleared up (skin wise). We've scheduled my follow-up appointment with the breast surgeon for May 2, a red letter day on my calendar. I am looking forward to seeing what Kyle is up to and to also map out my plan for surgery later this summer.

You may have noticed the picture of me I posted with my sister-in-laws Missy and Beth. They are particpating in the Atlanta 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer - how awesome is that!?!?! We have an official team and t-shirts, it's awesome! I can't tell you how proud or humbled I am to have such an amazing, fantastic family, both the Hinman and Riley sides. They are all truly inspiring and I'm so gosh darn happy to be able to brag about them! If you have a chance, check out our team site:
http://www.the3day.org/goto/irishchicksfighting

One last shout out and that goes to Steve. I am seriously the luckiest girl in the world to be married to such an incredible man. He ran daddy day care on Friday (all survived with flying colors!) while I was at treatment and helped things run smoothly over the weekend. I can admit that he folds sheets much neater than I do! After a long day of work yesterday he came home and made the most delicious home made chicken parmesean dinner. I know, I know, rock star!! Gosh, I love him :)


No comments:

Post a Comment