The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Friday, March 7, 2014

Toddler Tales

I've started typing this entry at least six different times today, and every time I am thwarted by my sweet, innocent children. They have been plotting my demise all week, so surely the end is near. Simon has now figured out how to get in and out his bed. Yes, he's been in a regular bed since he was 18 months, but never tried to get out. Consider that skill completely mastered this week. Instead of napping, he enjoys getting in and out of bed, throwing things and running around his room. He's still not anywhere as close to destructive  as Stella, but the no-nap situation is taking its toll. You see, Simon still very much needs a nap, so by the time his bed time rolls around, he's a train wreck. Simon is very, very good at making my life (and anyone in a two mile radius) a living hell when he's tired. And, of course, when he doesn't nap, he doesn't sleep well at night either. Joy! Oh, did I mention that I'm pretty sure Simon is making up for all of the terrible two's Stella did not put us through? She was hell on wheels at three and the end appears no where in sight.

Stella has been a real gem these days to go along with Simon's shining personality. This morning over breakfast, she expressed her concern for my age ever so sweetly...
Stella, "Mommy, you're really getting old"
Me, "Gee, thanks, Stella".
Stella, "I really think it's time for a new mommy, you're just too old."

What the hell, people? I just stared at her because the only response I could think of was not appropriate for a child. Obviously I know she has no clue what she's actually saying, but I'm really feeling the love here right now, let me tell you. Stella has also informed me that I'm doing everything wrong and I talk too much. Such a lovely child...

Well, I'm typing this on the iPad outside, so who knows how many typos/ autocorrections were made. I'm off to pour myself a bottle of wine...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment