The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Friday, February 21, 2014

The Next Chapter

The time has finally arrived and I can't wait to share some of my exciting news with you!! I mentioned a few posts ago that I had some big things in the works for 2014 and I'm thrilled to be able to tell you about the most important one. I have been in the process of interviewing for a volunteer position with Northside Hospital in Atlanta (this is where I've been receiving all of my cancer related treatments AND where both of the kids were born). I have been selected to work with the Network of Hope, a volunteer group that provides supportive mentorship by matching cancer survivors with patients and caregivers. I have the amazing opportunity to offer hope and wisdom (fingers crossed on the second one!) to someone going through cancer treatments. I cannot begin to describe how deeply motivated I am to participate in such a worthy cause! From the beginning of my cancer journey, I have said that if I could make the difference in the life of just one person, I would call it a win. So, to have the chance to interact with patients, hopefully bring them a little joy and hope is a dream come true for me. I feel like I have so much to give, whether it be my time or experience. I am so ready for this next chapter in my life and I can't wait to begin!!!


On the homefront, we survived yet another Snice event. While inconvenient and certainly not what we had in mind as far as more "family bonding", the kids did enjoy some sledding and building a snow man. The snow very much frustrates Simon, but he did enjoy kicking it with his boots :). I think the best part about a snow event in Georgia is that usually within a day or two the sun is out and the snow melts. And, the temps this week have been in the upper 60's to low 70's, so I'll take it!! I love having the windows open and airing out the house. In a true nod to spring, I changed all of the linens today - swapping out down comforters for summer quilts. Hopefully I didn't jinx us, but I felt like I was being smothered to death by the down comforter.


Next week I meet with my plastic surgeon to schedule my next reconstructive surgery. It's a never ending game, but I do have to say that the results so far have been amazing. Hopefully I will be finished with my surgeries by the beginning of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment