The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Friday, November 1, 2013

Walk of Shame

Here we are, November already! Not that you'd know it in Georgia, it's a balmy 75 with blue skies and plenty of sunshine. Our leaves are finally at their peak, and it's gorgeous!! I've been doing a lot of hiking lately and have really enjoyed the beautiful fall we've had. There are so many great trails around here and the explorer (nerd) in me adores seeing new places.

The kids really enjoyed trick or treating last night. We've made it an annual tradition to spend our Halloween evening with good friends in their neighborhood. It's so much fun and their neighbors are great, most sit out on their porches or front stoops handing out candy. Stella and Simon went as Minnie and Mickey this year. They were so cute!!Both kids also had Halloween parties at school, so needless to say by the time we got home last night, they were exhausted. Steve (or me, not sure) spilled beer all over the stroller last night (trick or treating is much more fun with a little toter while walking) while attempting to navigate a curb... Poor choice to have the open container in the cup holder. I had to run some errands this morning, so naturally I just put Simon in stroller and we were off. As I walked into the store, I kept smelling beer. Then I was like, OMG, it smells like I've been boozing it up this morning! The stroller reeked of beer and here I am waltzing through Carter's... Ugh, talk about mother of the year! Anyway...

I had treatment yesterday. All is well in cancer land, my counts continue to look good so no scans needed at this time, yay!! I was hoping to get my flu shot yesterday, but after waiting an hour and a half for my herceptin, I didn't have an extra hour to wait for a shot. Good lord they were slammed with patients yesterday! Every single treatment chair was filled (I think there are 50?!?!) and I've never seen that happen before. Nothing says Happy Halloween like chemo!

No comments:

Post a Comment