The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Crazytown

So, it's been a busy week so far. We went to the pumpkin patch over the weekend (along with at least half of the state of Georgia, holy humanity...) which, although hot and crowded, was really fun. We met up with our very good friends (family, as we think of them) and Stella's future husband. Yes, it's an arranged marriage and no, I'm not kidding (well, I'm mostly kidding, but sort of not...). Surely arranged marriages are going to make a comeback at some point, right? Things are just so much easier this way ;) (okay, obviously I'm kidding, but wouldn't life be so much more interesting?!?!). Anyway... we picked out some pumpkins, devoured some pumpkin bread and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

On Monday I decided to meet up with a friend so we could take our kids to the zoo. I figured Monday would be a slow day since it's the beginning of the week and all. Or, it wasn't because apparently Monday was a holiday (sorry Columbus, you're not hugely popular in the south). Yeah, my bad on that one. So, we joined the other half of Atlanta at the zoo. We did have a great time and the kids were beyond excited. We always ride the train while we're there - a huge favorite of both Stella and Simon. This trip we decided to try out the carousel. Stella was absolutely beaming and just thrilled beyond her wildest dreams. I think Simon enjoyed it, but nothing like Stella did. She's still talking about riding the "casserole" :).

Today I had a check-up with my plastic surgeon. She's not happy (that's an understatement) with my results. Admittedly, the girls are not perfect yet and my surgeon, being the perfectionist that she is, wants them fixed. I wasn't surprised by this news, and honestly, if the girls are going to be new, might as well have them perfect! So, Steve and I sat down with her surgery coordinator to work out a date. Turns out, the only available date between now and Christmas, is next week. So, SURPRISE! I'm having surgery next week!! Ready or not... Yes, I'm completely aware of the insanity of this, but I'm also anxious to get a move on with my life. And, I have no interest in giving up any of my holiday time with family. So, ready or not, surgery is scheduled for Thursday, October 24th. This surgery only requires an overnight stay in the hospital (not 4 days like last time), so my recovery time should be quick and relatively painless.

In other Crazytown news, Murphy was kind enough to dig up one of our sprinkler heads in the yard. Super sweet of her. She also destroyed my decorative gourds and finished off the one wicker chair I had left in the sunroom. Don't worry, we also took a $120 trip to the vet yesterday only to discover that there's NOTHING wrong with her (other than she's a complete terror). I took her to the vet because she's been favoring her right front leg. She even refused to come down the stairs for a couple of days. We think she's got an awkward nail (for lack of a better term) that may cause her some pain. Of course at the vet, she was walking perfectly and charming everyone there. We were given new anti-inflammatories which "only" cost $60... Living in the loony bin is so much fun, weeeeeeeeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment