The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It's Fall, Y'all!

Today is September 11. Can you believe it's been twelve years since we were attacked? My mind goes back and forth between feeling like it was just yesterday and it seems like it was so long ago. I wouldn't say that time has dulled the shock and anger it caused me, but time has given me the gift of perspective and healing. Instead of feeling sadness or anger on this day, I now take the time to be grateful to live in this incredible country and have the opportunities to live each day how I choose. Today, I celebrated our freedom by taking a long walk with a good friend and our sons. I will never take for granted the sweet freedom we experience everyday in this country. Today serves as a valuable reminder of what our country stands for.

Speaking of walking, I've started doing this thing called exercise - you may have heard of it. I'm hilarious, I know ;). All joking aside though, I made a promise to myself that after this surgery and the kids being in school I would exercise. So, I've been making good on that promise and I have the aching muscles to prove it! So far I'm mainly  just doing cardio stuff as I haven't been cleared to do any kind of lifting. As it is, I will never have 100% of my upper body strength due to having both latissimus dorsi muscles relocated for my surgeries. But, I'll take a little strength loss in order to enjoy the perks of the new twins ;)

I love that it's hotter and dryer now than it was all summer here in Atlanta (note the sarcasm here). Not sure what's up with the weather this year but it's making me a little nervous for this winter. Weather Gods, surely you remember that Atlanta has only one (1) snowplow and we are CLEARLY not able to handle the white stuff. Just keep that in your back pocket. A nice, slow roll into fall would be lovely and a mild winter would be appreciated. I'm not ready for jackets and ski hats, but I would love to put on a pair of jeans and not feel like I'm slowly roasting to death.

I wish that I had something really interesting to talk about, but I don't! Life is good and very busy. I had to buy a new family planning calendar (yes, I'm old school and I'm not looking to change, so don't judge me!) last week. I'm really upset because I guess the calendar I typically buy (it hangs on the fridge and is done by the week) is no longer being carried at Target (FOR SHAME!). I had to buy a new one. While it's been a rough transition to the new calendar, I think we're finally making some progress! I keep our calendar on the "desk" (I use that term very loosely) in the kitchen so I can update it regularly. I seem to spend the majority of my day in the kitchen (how nice). Here's to hoping I can keep up with this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment