The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Dumb Things I Do

Dumb things I do could be discussed extensively. In fact, all of those things could be compiled to create quite a large book. I thought I'd enhance your day by sharing some of the dumb things I've done, just this week. You're welcome in advance ;)

Epic Mommy Fail #1: Always put the correct lunch in the correct lunch box. Yeah, definitely screwed this one up today and Stella is NEVER going to let me forget it. After listening to wild accusations of me not packing her a juice box (which I knew I did because it was the last apple) and how she didn't want to eat her raisins (and I was like, I didn't give you raisins, I gave you grapes!)I shrugged it off to her not remembering what she had for lunch. Until I was unpacking their school bags and realized that I had give Stella Simon's lunch and vice versa. Well damn, the three year old was right. She's not likely to forget that little incident anytime soon and I clearly need to have at least one more cup of coffee in the morning before attempting to do something as complicated as packing lunches...

Epic Mommy Fail #2: Always give your children snacks in containers that have lids while in the car. Right, I hear you on this, and really, I try to not let them snack in the car period. But, on a 7 hour car trip, that's just mean. So, I had the best intentions, packed cheerios and goldfish in those clever containers that the kids just reach their hands in. It only took Simon 5 minutes before he wrangled the top off of that bad boy and TA-DA - Cheerio shower for everyone!! Ugh, is there anything worse than Cheerios in every nook and crevice of the car? I swear they multiply every third day or something.

Epic Mommy Fail #3: The baby gate is to be closed and locked at all times. Really? Hmmm, well I guess closed but not locked doesn't really count then... I'll admit, I've gotten lazy since Simon does fine going up the stairs. Apparently, this rule might also be applied to dogs too. If the gate is not locked, Murphy can open it with her big old block head. Off she goes, charging up the stairs to commit her latest act of terrorism. So, I started locking the gate which really threw Simon for a loop. He got upset that he couldn't get the gate open, she he just pulled hard enough until it broke into 6 pieces. How's that for awesome. I should be really upset, but I'm actually more awed by his strength and I'm already hoping for a football scholarship! Anyway, point being, now that the gate is deader than a doornail, Murphy has really expanded her terror campaign. Trying to give the kids a bath last night with a 60+ plus pound lab trying to dive in is a real treat.

I could share many, many more with you, but we'll just stick with the highlights this week. In other news, my recovery is going just fine. I had my drains taken out last Thursday (angels were singing it was so fabulous). We spent a wonderful Labor Day weekend in South Carolina with the family and now it's back to the real world. If only I could remember the 85 other things I was supposed to be doing today...

No comments:

Post a Comment