The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Herding Cats

I am "slightly" out of control this week. Notice a recurring theme here? But, I suppose the good news is that I am super busy because I'm feeling great! Seriously, this is the best I've felt since before I was pregnant with Stella. So, yes, I'm running hither and yon, but it's fabulous having the energy to actually enjoy it - well, as much as anyone enjoys running around like a chicken with no head ;)

I had treatment today and a check-up with my oncologist (who, by the way, I've determined sees at LEAST half of Atlanta in her office. That's a good thing though). All is going very well for me. My counts are perfect and she's happy. So, obviously, if she's happy, so am I! No scanning needed at this time, which is always a nice bonus. I had an uneventful Herceptin infusion, and other than forgetting my iPad, which annoyed me to no end, it was unremarkable. I had planned on updating the blog from my treatment recliner (just like the old days!) but apparently multitasking just isn't my forte these days. I did update my iPhone with the new IOS7 software while I was there - it's going to take some getting used to - it's so different! I'm also hoping to upgrade my phone in the next few weeks, after all of the initial "new iPhone release" insanity dies down.

Stella had her first soccer game last Saturday. Talk about herding cats - wow!! But, the girls seemed to have fun and that's the whole point anyway. Our team was completely clueless (but, please remember, these are 3 year old girls...). At one point, we had to ask Stella to stop holding hands with her BFF while "running" (I use that term very loosely) down the field. Stella and her teammates were quite frustrated that the other team "wasn't sharing" and "kept taking the ball away". Damn preschool and all those manners ;). Stella did score a goal which she was very excited about! I will somewhat willingly admit that it was a bit challenging for me to watch the utter chaos and not be able to scream, "TAKE THE BALL AND KICK IT IN THE GOAL". I know they're just learning and I'm way (WAY) too competitive. In everything. It makes Steve crazy, but I just really hate to loose. I'm going to do my very best to not be one of "those" parents. So, if you see me biting my fist or spinning wild circles during an athletic event that my children are participating in, just look away. I'm trying to channel my inner competitive insanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment