The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Another day, another downpour... Seriously, all it has done in Georgia this summer is R A I N. I'm all for a good thunderstorm and a soaking rain - preferably in the evening so that it helps lull me to sleep. Oh no, here it's been monsooning day and night, mixed in with severe thunderstorms and flash floods. The funny part is that I think I can count on one hand the number of days we've had in the '90's here. It really hasn't been that hot, however, the humidity has been off the charts. It's disgusting and it surrounds you the second you walk outside. Most days it's so humid our house windows are fogged up! Also, my house would appreciate it if my children (not to mention two crazy dogs) could spend some time outdoors!

I had a check-up with my breast surgeon on Monday. I really do enjoy seeing her and she's so much fun to talk to. I wish that she was going to be in on my surgery next but I the guess the good news is that my surgery is purely cosmetic at this point and there's no need for her to be there. Still, she said she'd try to come and visit while I'm in the hospital which is really sweet of her.

Speaking of my surgery, it's less than a week away!!! I cannot wait to see the results! Of course in preparation for the procedure(s) I cannot have any ibuprofen, NSAIDs etc. That's all fine and dandy except that now that I know I can't take them, I need them! Tylenol is allowed, but it's such a joke when it comes to headaches for me. My body refers to Tylenol as tic tacs... candy. Maybe some wine... oh wait, pretty sure alcohol is frowned upon the week before surgery as well. What's a girl to do?!?!

Such drama, I know. Pretty sure these are all "first world problems" (that was for you, KS!) but whatever. In other news, preschool also starts next week! I alternate between being ecstatic about having some free time, to really sad that Simon won't be with me everyday. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll manage... I guess it's more that he's old enough to be going to preschool in the first place. I never really believed people when they told me time flies. Then I had children and time seems to just melt away (at least most of the time - we do have our days when it seems to stand still).

So, yeah, the next time I update the blog I'll be typing as the new me! As long as I'm not too hopped up on pain meds, I'll try to update from my hospital bed. After all, how many games of Candy Crush can I really play (yeah, that addiction needs to be broken stat!)... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment