The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Goat Rodeo

Life has really gotten crazy around here. I would say crazy good, most of the time, but as we all know, any version of crazy just leaves you exhausted by the end of the day. Let's see, we returned from Virginia last week and Simon was just out of control screaming and crying. He's a fussy, temperamental kid, but this was extreme. I cried uncle on Tuesday afternoon and took him to the doctor. Ear infection, how could I have missed that? Well, maybe because he has been teething for 100 years and it shows no signs of stopping? He pulls at his ears all.the.time. In all seriousness, I did feel bad, because he was obviously miserable. I believe the ear infection stemmed from the cold that I had in Virginia and lovingly spread to my children (it's usually the other way around, right?). Stella managed to catch the same cold and lovely cough that went with it. Is there anything more pathetic than sick children? So, that was my week of fun last week.

Also added into the fun was Murphy, who was limping. She didn't have an event where we saw her injure her foot, but she wasn't getting any better (of course). Naturally, I piled everyone into the car, in the pouring down rain and hauled us all to the vet (because nothing says fun like two toddlers and a crazy puppy at the vet's office. And no, Steve wasn't with me, that would have made WAY too much sense). After nearly having my shoulder dislocated trying to open the office door, we made it back to an exam room. Turns out, Murphy has growing pains. Who knew?!?! Apparently in large breed puppies it's really common to have growing pains. Murphy is 60 pounds and she's only 7 months old. She's gained another 9 pounds since June. Lord help us all... Naturally, she refused to climb back into the car on her own, so I had to lift her up. Let's just say that wasn't pretty.

Over the weekend, Steve and I managed to complete just about all of our household chores. It's alarming and yes, you should alert the media. What the hell is going on with us? I guess I've been feeling domestic lately, maybe I missed my house or something, I don't know. We also had to play musical furniture because our sweet (read: completely insane, insatiable, destructive) lab puppy has consumed ALL (and yes, I do mean all, I'm not being dramatic) of my wicker furniture in our sunroom. Yup, my life is WAY more awesome than your life! I sat down in one of the chairs on Friday evening and almost impaled my arm on the row of nails that were sticking out. Obviously exposed nails and daily sweeping to collect the latest remnants of my furniture are unacceptable, so on Sunday, Steve and I moved it all into the basement. Yes, if you know me at all, I dearly wanted a beautiful sectional I've been drooling over in Pottery Barn for years. You'll also know that Steve laughed really loud when I mentioned it. So, instead we moved up from the basement our faithful old red couches. These poor couches have been to hell and back and they are still the MOST comfortable pieces of furniture we have. The arm and back cushions have long since been consumed by dogs and the red is not as vibrant as it once was, but damnit, those are the most wonderful napping couches that have ever existed. So, long live Big Red!!

I will sum up this goat rodeo (LOVE that phrase, I can apply it to so many different aspects of my life!) by saying that I had an excellent check-up with my oncologist on Friday. My blood work is perfect and they see no need to do scans at this time, YAY!!! Keep on keeping on there. I also had my pre-op appointment with my plastic surgeon. After I signed 4,234 pieces of paper, we reviewed my surgery plan and completed pre-surgery testing. All systems are go!! I'm so excited for August 20th and the first glimpse of the new me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment