The Gang's All Here!

The Gang's All Here!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Puppy Love

So...Steve and I did something a little (a lot) crazy. We adopted a 7 week old yellow lab puppy. Before you even go there, we're know we're completely insane, but we did it anyway. And, we're totally, head over heels in love with her. We named her Murphy and the name seems to suit her. She's a little butterball full of kisses and nips. Wow, forgot how much puppies like to nip. Murphy is giving Willie complete hell (which is Karma in it's most pure form!) and he's exhausted. She's wonderful with the kids and they love her right back. Simon's only sat on her a few times and Stella thinks she's a doll and constantly refers to her as "Willie's friend".

All that to say, we're so excited to welcome Murphy into our family. We decided to continue on with the Irish-themed name as a tribute to Shamrock. I felt a little guilty, almost like we were replacing Sham with this puppy. Then I realized that there's no way we could ever replace Sham (she was just too much of a special dog and companion to ever be forgotten) and she'll always have a very special place in our hearts. She would absolutely love Murphy and I take great comfort in that.

I will be honest and say that adding Murphy into our lives is kicking my ass. Holy cow puppies are so much work!! I knew it was going to take up a good deal of time, but I guess I had forgotten that puppies have to go out...all.the.time. Murphy is really good about going potty once she's outside, but I have to vigilant about it. That would be all well and good if I didn't already have two toddlers destroying my house. Why not add a puppy who chews on every blasted thing into the mix??? And throw in a neurotic, OCD chocolate lab just for fun. Really, I know I've brought it all on myself, I guess I felt like I needed a new challenge. Kidding, here's to hoping that everyone (with the exception of Simon) in this house is potty trained before the end of the month. My sanity depends on it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment